What we believe and plan to do
Our Mission Statement
"To know Christ and Lovingly to make Him known"
Our desire is to glorify God by:
a. Knowing Christ which involves coming to a living faith in Him and then growing in that faith through discipleship, spiritual growth, prayer and biblical teaching.
b. Lovingly making Him Known by how we love and care for each other within the church and by reaching out with the good news of Jesus to those outside the church.
- That it is no accident that this congregation is here at this time - God has a purpose for us.
- That we exist to glorify God and to show the world what Jesus is like.
- In the power of the gospel to transform lives and communities.
- That our lives should be shaped through God's word by the Holy Spirit.
- That our worship of God should be authentic, relevant and reflected in all that we do.
- In the power and necessity of prayer, remembering that "without Him we can do nothing".
- In unity and diversity within the congregation.
- In valuing and encouraging each other, and the gifts which God has given to us.
- in being open, welcoming and outward looking.
In order to live out these values we encourage every member of the congregation to:
- Participate regularly in corporate worship.
- Belong to a small group where they are helped to grow spiritually.
- Be actively involved in serving God in practical ways.
Over the next five years (2012-2017) we seek to:
- Develop the structure of our Sunday services in ways that encourage both our worship of God and our unity and fellowship with each other.
- Encourage more of our congregation to pray by re-establishing a network of prayer partners and by providing regular and up-to-date material for prayer.
- Increase our small group ministry so that opportunities are created for more people to be involved.
- Be more intentional about planned programmes of Bible study and teaching and also the promotion of an ethos of discipleship for all ages.
- Be more intentional about the identification of potential leaders and the provision of appropriate training and equipping for all of our leaders.
- Develop visitation teams to work within the congregation and also in the community. These teams would be involved both in building relationships with those in our community and would assist with on-going evangelism.
- Reach out, in relevant ways, to those around us (with particular emphasis on young people, young families and those on the margins of our congregation) with the good news of the gospel.
- Run, on a regular basis, evangelistic courses, for example Christianity Explored, and other courses such as Griefshare, both in the church premises and also in community venues such as the local hotel.
- Build on existing relationships with local churches, organisations and agencies, and seek to develop new relationships.
- Build on our existing involvement with "overseas" mission.
In order to put this plan into action we will:
- Establish working groups/action teams to set specific goals in each of the above areas and implement any necessary action.
- Ensure that we have in place the appropriate personnel, resources and finance to facilitate our mission plan.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate and review each of the listed objectives, so that they continue to be relevant and effective in helping us to live out our mission statement.