What we believe and plan to do
Our Mission Statement
"To know Christ and Lovingly to make Him known"
Our desire is to glorify God by:
a. Knowing Christ which involves coming to a living faith in Him and then growing in that faith through discipleship, spiritual growth, prayer and biblical teaching.
b. Lovingly making Him Known by how we love and care for each other within the church and by reaching out with the good news of Jesus to those outside the church.
- This congregation is here for God's purpose - he has intentions and plans for us.
- That we exist to glorify God and to show the world what Jesus is like.
- In the power of the gospel to transform lives and communities.
- That our lives should be shaped through God's word by the Holy Spirit.
- That our worship of God should be authentic, relevant and reflected in all that we do.
- In the power and necessity of prayer, remembering that "without Him we can do nothing".
- In unity and diversity within the congregation.
- In valuing and encouraging each other, and the gifts which God has given to us.
- in being open, welcoming and outward looking.
In order to live out these values we encourage every member of the congregation to:
- Participate regularly in corporate worship.
- Help people to grow spiritually through regular teachingand to encourage membership of a bible study group.
- Be actively involved in serving God in practical ways.
Over the next five years (2019-2023) we seek to:
- Continue to develop the structure of our Sunday services in ways that encourage both our worship of God and our unity and fellowship with each other.
- Nurture the active participation of all members of the church in worship e.g. by using their skills in music, prayer, reading, speaking and leading.
- Be more intentional about sharing worship through the use of technology.
- Encourage more of our congregation to pray e.g. by providing regulatr Alpha prayer training, re-instituting a network of prayer partners and by providing regular and up-to-date material for prayer and prayer events.
- Continue to build the small Prayer Ministry team providing ongoing training and to embed prayer ministry into church life.
- Evaluate our small group ministry and revitalise so that opportunities are created for more people to be involved.
- Promote spiritual growth e.g. through planned programmes of Bible study and teaching and also the promotion of an ethos of discipleship for all ages.
- Be more intentional about planned programmes of Bible study and teaching and also the promotion of an ethos of discipleship for all ages.
- Be more intentional about the identification of potential leaders and the provision of appropriate regular training and support for all of our leaders.
- Provide supportive links for organisations through representative Elders within Session's guidelines.
- Further develop visitation teams to work within the congregation and also in the community. These teams would be involved both in building relationships with those in our community and would assist with on-going evangelism.
- Reach out, in relevant ways, to 3 distinct groups: (a) families directly involved in church life; (b) children involved in youth organisations within the church; (c) those with no affiliation to any church activities. This reaching out would include through the employment of a Youth and Family Leader.
- Run, on a regular basis, evangelistic courses, for example Alpha, Christianity Explored, and other courses both in the church premises and also in community venues such as the local hotel.
- Build on existing relationships with local churches, organisations and agencies, and seek to develop new relationships.
- Build on our existing involvement with "overseas" mission.
In order to put this plan into action we will:
- Revitalise working groups/action teams to set specific goals annually in each of the above areas and implement any necessary action.
- Ensure that we have in place the appropriate personnel, resources, facilities and finance to facilitate our mission plan.
- Annually, at the May meeting of Session, we will monitor, evaluate and review each of the listed objectives, so that they continue to be relevant and effective in helping us to live out our mission statement.